1996 Stratos 295XL $2000

Have some fishing and boat items for sale? Post them here.
Bassinfool

1996 Stratos 295XL $2000

Post by Bassinfool » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:55 pm

Ok here is the deal. I bought this boat for the motor and swapped out with the one that I got tired of messing with. Boat is in fair condition and has lots of stress cracks and faded topcoat but nothing wrong with it that a little work could not fix. The motor is a 94 200 carb. I have struggled to figure it out. Good compression rebuilt the carbs new stator and powerpack just cannot seem to get it run consistently. Trailer needs tires and includes a 80# motor guide and year old batteries. Needs lots of minor stuff biggest is figuring out the engine but it does run just dies in gear. Got to be something simple that I just screwed up. easy mid 60's boat. I got lots of stuff to go with it and would be happy to help a club member work on it as I have lots of stuff like carpet glue (would replace carpet it if it was me), Fiberglass resin ect. Fixed lots of boats in my time and enjoy working on them just not good at motors. (or at least this one) Being a 19ft boat got plenty of room. Basically trying to break even on the boat and get my wife off my back for having two boats. Here is the ad on craigslist for pictures. Call me if interested 913 775 2063 thanks Brent

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/5873079020.html